Lately some stress and anxiety have been coming up more for me. Nothing like feeling like you took some steps backwards, after experiencing some steps forward. Luckily, life isn’t so linear after all. So don’t worry, there may be hope.
For times like these, I’ve turned to reminders and inspiration. But maybe once we understand it more, or have a different perspective of it, it’s simpler than that.
- Stress is a common problem we all experience at some point or another. It is feedback, a response to what we are thinking. We might literally be stressing ourselves out.
- “There is no stress in the world, only people thinking stressful thoughts and then acting on them.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
Changing the perspective:
- How we think about stress is everything. When we change the way we think of stress, the way we respond to stress changes. Hopefully for the better.
- Keep from labeling stress as ‘bad’. Are you feeling stressed about being stressed? Be gentle on yourself, stress happens.
- Lean into the feeling of stress. Instead of avoiding negative thoughts and feelings, it may be helpful to get to know them more. This will help us build our emotional relationship with ourselves.
- Remind yourself that you have 100% success rate so far of getting through bad days. You may not prefer it, but you will get through it. Everything has a tendency of working out or being okay.
- Slow down and be present. The more we relax, the more we can let thoughts settle on their own.
And lastly I’ll leave you with this, “”Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.” – Eckhart Tolle